More than 150 million people subscribe to Amazon Prime worldwide which means a lot of people think it is worth the cost – $12.99 per month plus taxes or $119 per year plus taxes.
Here are some ways to get the most from a Prime membership:
- Get the stuff you want on the same day. You can click this link to see if your zip code qualifies for same-day delivery on millions of items. This service is available without a Prime membership, but at a cost of $12.99 per item, the charges can add up quickly. It’s free for Prime members on qualifying orders over $35.00.
- Redo your wardrobe without entering a brick-and-mortar store. Prime Wardrobe allows you to pick up to eight items (that have the Prime Wardrobe logo) and have them shipped for free and at no charge to you. Your choices come in a resealable box or bag with a prepaid return label. You have seven days to try them on. Keep what you want (you will be charged, of course) and return what you don’t.
- Save big bucks on Prime Day. This much awaited event is actually a 48-hour retail holiday designed specifically for Prime members, with prices slashed on hundreds of items on the site. Traditionally, Prime Day takes place in July, although it was moved to October last year due to the pandemic and the unprecedented surge of all types of deliveries. The best strategy is to identify items you really want (for this writer, it was a Roomba), and be ready to act if it is one of the featured sale items (it was).
- Have fresh food at your fingertips. Amazon Fresh is now free to use with a Prime membership. It lets you avoid the lack of social distancing in many grocery store aisles and checkout lines. As long as your order total is more than $50.00, you just pick a delivery window that’s convenient for you and your order will be packed and waiting.
- Leverage your Amazon and Whole Foods Market purchases. The Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card gets you:
•5% back on purchases at Amazon.com and Whole Foods Market,
•2% back at restaurants, gas stations, and drugstores, and
•1% back on all other purchases.
You will get a $70.00 Amazon.com gift card instantly upon approval, and you can redeem your points on Amazon as well as for cash back, gift cards, and travel.
- Be entertained. Prime Video enables you to stream a large catalog of movies and TV shows for free, including Amazon Originals content, and rent the latest releases for low prices. Prime Music lets you listen to 2 million songs ad-free and on-demand. That library expands to 60 million tunes if you subscribe to Amazon Music Unlimited ($7.99 per month plus taxes for new subscribers). Prime Gaming offers in-game content for your favorite games, free games to download, and a free monthly channel subscription on Twitch.
- Save and share your special moments. Amazon Prime members get unlimited, full resolution photo storage. Plus, you can add up to five other people to connect to your “family vault.” Photos are accessible from any device anywhere as long as you can tap into your Amazon Prime account.
You don’t need to be an Amazon Prime member to take advantage of Amazon Smile. By simply signing up, you can access the same products, same prices, and same services with Amazon donating 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to a charity you select from more than one million local and national organizations. Half a percentage point may not sound like much, but Amazon has donated more than $260 million so far through this program.